Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chocolate Raspberry Sauce

This is cutting it real close. Last day for the February Can It Up frozen fruit fun. I had a few packets of frozen raspberries in my freezer hanging out. Busted out my Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving to see what I can possibly make with these tart goodness. It didn't take much and I saw the macro shot of an ice cream topped with spoon licking, lick the bowl kine Chocolate Raspberry Sauce teaser. Those of you who has the book, you know what I mean. What's that you say? You don't have one? Looks like it's time for you to check out your closest library or bookstore. You might just get inspired to get your very own copy.

It just so happened that I got all of the ingredients that the recipe calls for. I for sure was a happy camper. I didn't even have to go to the store to pick up anything. While you gather all your ingredients together, start sterilizing your jars at the back burner of your stove.

Here are the glorious chunks of frozen raspberry goodness. I found it quite hard to resist popping a couple of them in my mouth as I got them out of the bags.

In a separate bowl goes the dry ingredients. A mound of cocoa powder and pectin. Mix them well that you can't distinguish one from the other. While you're measuring the dry stuff and mixing them together, make sure you have your pot of frozen berries melting away on your lit stove.

When the berry sugar mixture get bubbly, add in your choco pectin mixture to the party. As you stir the party on, start off gently or coco will just get too excited and fly all over the place. By the time you get all the party goes mingling happily, your jars have gotten sterilized in their hot tub.

I got all my gear set up waiting for the thick molten sweet tart pour. 
With utmost delight of what I have just made, I forgot to take pictures filling the jars. Though, I'm not quite sure how to make that happen because I'm just using my phone as my camera. By the time I remembered to take a photo of filled jars, they were already back in their hot tub party. This one didn't make it to that party. 
 Here they are after a very bubbly time. Time to relax and cool off. 
I brought over a jar to my friends' and we enjoyed them with coconut ice cream. It is spoon licking, lick the bowl kine goodness!